- The Rous cup was contrived by the English and Scottish FAs to succeed the Home Championship after dwindling attendance figures meant the only meaningful fixture was the one between themselves. Initially it was just England and Scotland for the first two years but then invitations were sent each year to South American opposition. The tournament was short-lived and was abandoned after 1989.
- SCO, 27th May 1989, 2 - 0 (RC)
- CHI, 23rd May 1989, 0 - 0 (RC)
- COL, 24th May 1988, 1 - 1 (RC)
- SCO, 21st May 1988, 1 - 0 (RC)
- SCO, 23rd May 1987, 0 - 0 (RC)
- BRA, 19th May 1987, 1 - 1 (RC)
- SCO, 23rd Apr 1986, 2 - 1 (RC)
- SCO, 25th May 1985, 0 - 1 (RC)
- * Match was concluded via extra time and/or penalties.