Match No. 214 - Wednesday, 1st December 1937
- Player Injuries: The Times notes that "Mills was hurt early on and went out to the right wing; then he partially recovered and went back to his proper position." and "When the teams came out after half-time Crayston, limping a little and obviously not able to go all out for the ball, was at outside-right and Hall dropped back to right half-back."
- Player Milestone: John Morton's Only Cap
- Goal Milestone: John Morton's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Stanley Matthews' 1st Goal
- The Times "Stern Challenge by Czechoslovakia", Thursday 2nd December 1937, Page 6