Match No. 253 - Saturday, 15th April 1950
World Cup Qualifier (World Cup 50 Qualifying Pool 1) & Home Championship 1949-50
- World Cup Qualification: The 1949/50 British Home Championship was used as a qualfying group for the 1950 World Cup. England finished first with three wins from three whilst Scotland also qualified as runner-ups.
- Goal Disallowed: Mortensen had a goal disallowed for offside after 51 minutes.
- Player Milestone: Neil Franklin's Last Cap
- Goal Milestone: Roy Bentley's 1st Goal
- England - The Quest for the World Cup - A Complete Record by Clive Leatherdale (Two Heads Publishing 1994)
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)