Match No. 39 - Saturday, 15th March 1890, 3:30pm
- Jack Reynolds, 70'
- Team Selection: The FA decided on a policy of playing two teams on the same day. This team, made up of players from the northern professional clubs played Ireland, whilst a mixed team of gentlemen amateurs and professionals played Wales (Match 38).
- Player Info: Jack Reynolds (the Irish outside left) would later appear for England on 8 occasions.
- Player Milestone: John Barton's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Charlie Perry's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Fred Geary's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Nat Walton's 1st Cap
- Goal Milestone: Fred Geary's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: William Townley's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Kenny Davenport's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: John Barton's 1st Goal
- Player Milestone: Jimmy Forrest's 1st Captaincy
- Please Note: A small portion of data on this page is from unverified sources, mostly other websites where the information is genuine but lacks source notes. We are striving to make sure that all data on englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. Whilst this does not mean that the data above is inaccurate please use caution when citing englandstats as a reference for this page. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 45% of 2488 pages verified.