Match No. 441 - Tuesday, 21st April 1970
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1969-70)
- Player Record: Bobby Charlton becomes the second player to record 100 caps with England. Bobby Moore gave up the captain's armband so that Charlton could be captain for the occassion.
- Unconfirmed Substitution Times: Nelson replaced Lutton early in the second half before Best's goal. Bell replaced Newton and Cowan replaced O'Doherty sometime after England's second goal and before the third.
- Player Milestone: Ralph Coates' 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Brian Kidd's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Bobby Charlton's 100th Cap
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- The Guardian "An affair of the heart", 22nd April 1970, page 23
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)