Match No. 74 - Monday, 3rd March 1902
Wales 0 - 0 England
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1901-02)
- Goal Scoring Sequence: The first time England failed to score since 1884 breaking a run of 52 matches.
- Disallowed Goals: England had the ball in the net twice but both were disallowed. "Bloomer scored an offside goal..." and "..Foster receiving the ball volleyed it back into the net. The referee pointed to the centre and, it seemed that England had scored, but on appeal by the Welsh backs the goal was disallowed...Roose had been impeded by one of the English forwards."
- Missed Penalty: Ernest Needham: 2nd miss from 3rd taken. England are awarded a third penalty in as many matches but Needham misses, his second in succesive matches. Different sources state different reasons for the awarding of the penalty. It was either handball by Meredith or a foul by Meredith on Sagar. However, "Needham took the kick, but Roose got the ball away amidst an outburst of cheering."
- Player Milestone: Billy George's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Bob Crompton's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Walter Abbott's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: William Hogg's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Herbert Lipsham's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Tip Foster's 1st Captaincy
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser "International Championship. England v Wales". Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 9.
- Derby Daily Telegraph "To-day's football. England v Wales", Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 3.
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "Wales v England. A level game." Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 10.
- Western Daily Press "International Match" Tuesday 4th MArch 1902, Page 6.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade