Match No. 8 - Saturday, 18th January 1879, 3:15pm
England 2 - 1 Wales
- William Davies, 47'
- Weather: Due to the atrocious snowfall both captains agreed to play halves of only 30 minutes each.
- Attendance: The poor attendance was also due to the weather. Reports range from 85 to 300.
- Disputed Captain: The England captain is disputed between Arthur Cursham & Henry Wace.
- Player Replacement: Rupert Anderson was a striker by trade but was selected as a goalkeeper as a late replacement.
- Player Milestone: Rupert Anderson's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Lindsay Bury's Last Cap
- Player Milestone: Claude William Wilson's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: William Clegg's Last Cap
- Player Milestone: Edward Parry's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Thomas Heathcote Sorby's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Herbert Whitfield's Only Cap
- Goal Milestone: Herbert Whitfield's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Thomas Heathcote Sorby's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 20th January 1879, Page 11
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 54.