Match No. 982 - Tuesday, 3rd July 2018, 7:00pm
England 1 - 1 Colombia
AET & PSO
World Cup Finals (World Cup 2018) Round of 16
- 4th Substitute: Rashford becomes the first player to be a 4th sub in a competitive game after IFAB allows a 4th substitute in extra time during the 2018 World Cup.
- Penalty Shoot-out: England win 4-3 on Penalty Kicks
Radamel Falcao scored
Harry Kane scored
Juan Cuadrado scored
Marcus Rashford scored
Luis Muriel scored
Jordan Henderson saved by Ospina
Mateus Uribe hit the bar
Kieran Tripper scored
Carlos Bacca saved by Pickford
Eric Dier scored.
England win only their second penalty shoot-out and their first in the World Cup
They progress to the World Cup quarter finals.
- Scoring Record: Kane equals Tommy Lawton's scoring record of scoring in six consecutive England matches. Lawton did so in 1938/39.
- Penalty: Harry Kane: 5th scored from 6 taken. Kane is rugby tackled to the ground yet again at the World Cup. After Colombia try to delay the penalty for at least three minutes, Kane in unflustered and dispatches the penalty right down the middle of the goal as Opsina dives to the left.
- Player Milestone: Jamie Vardy's 25th Cap