Football Federation of Ukraine
- Independence threw the Ukrainian national football team, like most of the old Soviet Union states, into the deep end of international football.
Their first match was a 3-1 loss to Hungary in April 1992.
Recently they have improved as evidenced by their qualification for the 2006 World Cup in Germany where they reached the quarter-final.
The 2012 European Championship was their first qualification albeit as co-hosts and suffered a 1-0 loss to England during the last group game which put them out of the competition.
Two World Cup qualifying campaigns threw England and Ukraine together. One wins each for WC2010 and two draws for WC2014.
England have also played two friendlies against Ukraine winning 2-0 and 3-0.
Head to head
- World Cup Qualifier
- European Championship Finals
- UKR, 10th Sep 2013, 0 - 0 (WCQ)
- UKR, 11th Sep 2012, 1 - 1 (WCQ)
- UKR, 19th Jun 2012, 1 - 0 (ECF)
- UKR, 10th Oct 2009, 0 - 1 (WCQ)
- UKR, 1st Apr 2009, 2 - 1 (WCQ)
- UKR, 18th Aug 2004, 3 - 0 (FR)
- UKR, 31st May 2000, 2 - 0 (FR)
- * Match was concluded via extra time and/or penalties.