Welcome to englandstats
- We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 100.00% of 2,262 match and player pages are verified with one source and 55.56% are verified with two or more sources. We currently have 5,172 sources.
October Triple Header
Wales, Belgium and Denmark visit Wembley.
- Thursday's friendly match against Wales will be the first England match at Wembley since 14th November last year when Montenegro were thrashed 7-0 in Euro 20 qualifying. This, the 103rd meeting between the two old rivals and the first since Euro '16 when England prevailed with a stoppage time winner in Lens.
Sunday's game sees top ranked side Belgium visit as we head back to the UEFA Nations League. Again, England's last meeting with Belgium was in a major tournament but this time it ended 2-0 to Belgium in the 3rd place playoff of the Russian 2018 World Cup.
In the Nations League so far, England are unbeaten after a last minute win in Iceland and a draw in Denmark who will be the third team to visit on Wednesday for their reverse fixture.
Posted: 8th October 2020 7:42am
New for 2020
- We've dusted out the cobwebs and had a bit of a spring clean.
Also we've added:-
1. At least one source for every England player and match.
2. Competition tables on all World Cup and Euro qualifying/tournaments plus some minor ones.
Posted: 21st April 2020 6:56pm
Euro 2020 to be delayed
Tournament now scheduled for June 2021
- UEFA has postponed Euro 2020 until June 2021. From the UEFA website:
"UEFA today announced the postponement of its flagship national team competition, UEFA EURO 2020, due to be played in June and July this year. The health of all those involved in the game is the priority, as well as to avoid placing any unnecessary pressure on national public services involved in staging matches. The move will help all domestic competitions, currently on hold due to the COVID-19 emergency, to be completed."
At this point we're not sure when the next England game will be played. The next scheduled matches are against Austria on 2nd June and Romania on 7th June but they will probably be postponed as well, if the FA want to conclude the domestic season. It might just be September before we see England play again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Posted: 17th March 2020 2:28pm
Italy and Denmark matches cancelled
All football in the UK suspended until 3rd April
- Statement from the FA:
"The FA, Premier League, EFL, Barclays FA Women's Super League and FA Women's Championship have collectively agreed to postpone the professional game in England until Friday 3 April at the earliest.
This action, which will be kept under constant review, has been taken due to the increasing numbers of clubs taking steps to isolate their players and staff because of the COVID-19 virus.
It will also apply to all England team fixtures at every level and all FA competitions including the Emirates FA Cup and the Women's FA Cup, along with academy and youth-team matches."
Posted: 14th March 2020 2:34am
Nations League Draw 2020/21
England in Group A2 with Belgium, Denmark and Iceland
- England were drawn alongside Belgium, Denmark and Iceland in the 2020/21 UEFA Nation's League draw on Wednesday. England will travel to Iceland and Denmark in September before hosting Belgium and Denmark in October. The final round of games in November will see the Three Lions travel to world ranked number one team Belgium before hosting Iceland. All home games are expected to be at Wembley but the FA has not finalised the venues.
The winner of Group A2 will advance with the three other group winners to the finals in June 2021. The bottom placed team will be relegated to league B for the 2021/22 season.
Posted: 4th March 2020 3:04am