Match No. 172 - Wednesday, 14th May 1930, 5:51pm
- Watson InjuryAccording to the Daily Herald, Watson left the field with an injury ten minutes before the end but returned after "some" minutes. Other reports remark he injured his nose whilst colliding with a goalpost. He visited hospital after the game but soon returned to his hotel. Other reports Leuf also missed ten minutes of the second half due to injury.
- Match InfoAccording to the British United Press, "The final stages of the match had to be played with the aid of electric light..."
- Kick off Time"Sheffield Independent: "The kick off was arranged to start at 5:45pm so as to permit office and factory workers to attend. The actual start was six minutes later as President Miklas arrived late".
- Player MilestoneMaurice Webster's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneVic Watson's Last Cap
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights co. 2013)
- The Scotsman "England v Austria. Another Drawn Game", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 15.
- Daily Herald "Austria Hold Team to a Goalless Draw", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 15
- Sheffield Independent "Rimmer Brilliant. Electric light used in Vienna match", Thursday 15th May 1930, page 10.
- Johannes Mutters
Half Time Score
- England - 6th 1
- Austria - 5th