Match No. 175 - Saturday, 28th March 1931, 3:00pm
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1930-31)
- Robert McPhail, 61'
- James McGrory, 64'
- Scotland First GoalDespite most online sources claiming that Stevenson score the first goal The Times is quite clear: "Morton placed his [corner] kick well and the ball came right over to Archibald, who shot hard.
The ball went straight along the ground to Hibbs, but it came so fiercely at him that he could not hold it.
It ran loose. Hibbs was on the ground, and McGrory, Stevenson, and McPhail each had a kick, McPhail touching it last just on the line."
- Attendance RecordThe new world record attendance of 129,810 eclipsed the 127,307 set on the same ground in 1912. The record lasted two years when in the same fixture and the same ground the attendance was recorded at 136,259.
- Player MilestoneHerbert Roberts' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneGordon Hodgson's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJackie Crawford's Only Cap
- The Times "Scotland's Victory - Weak English Attack", Monday 30th March 1931, page 5
- Alfred James Atwood
Half Time Score
- England - 6th 1
- Scotland - 4th