Match No. 19 - Saturday, 10th March 1883
- Alf JonesGreat Lever, 3rd of 3 caps
22 years, 1 month, 9 days
- Norman BaileyClapham, 9th of 19 caps
25 years, 7 months, 18 days (c)5th captaincy
- Stuart MacraeNotts County, 3rd of 5 caps
27 years, 3 months, 3 days
- Olly WhateleyAston Villa, 2nd of 2 caps
21 years, 7 months, 2 days
- Arthur CurshamNotts County, 6th of 6 caps
29 years, 11 month, 27 days
- Harry GoodhartOld Etonians, 3rd of 3 caps
24 years, 7 months, 24 days
- Harry CurshamNotts County, 7th of 8 caps
23 years, 3 months, 13 days
- John Smith, 22'
- John Smith, 39'
- Eadie Fraser, 86'
- James McAulayJames McAulay.
Born 28th Aug 1860, Bonhill.
- Andrew HolmAndrew Hair Holm.
Born 4th Nov 1859, Glasgow.
- Michael PatonMichael Paton.
Date of birth unknown, Scotland.
- Peter MillerPeter Miller.
Born 2nd Feb 1858, Kilmun.
- John McPhersonJohn Campbell McLeod McPherson.
Born 1855, Scotland.
Not to be confused with John McPherson (1875) nor John McPherson (1888-1897).
- Eadie FraserMalcolm John Eadie Fraser.
Born 4th Mar 1860, Goderich, Ontario, Canada.
- Billy AndersonWilliam Anderson.
Born 1860, Glasgow.
- John SmithJohn Smith.
Born 12th Aug 1855, Mauchline.
- John InglisJohn Inglis.
Born 1859, Scotland.
- John KayJohn Leck Kay.
Date of birth unknown, Glasgow.
- William McKinnonWilliam Neilson 'Kinnie' McKinnon.
Born 6th Jun 1859, Bonhill.
- Disputed Goal ScorerSome sources state that John Smith completed his hat-trick with the 86th minute goal.
- Player MilestoneHarry Swepstone's Last Cap
- Player MilestonePercy de Paravicini's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneAlf Jones' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneOlly Whateley's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneArthur Cursham's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Goodhart's Last Cap
- The Times Monday 12th March 1883
- Ireland John Sinclair
- No change in rank, losing -8 ranking points to 1893 points England - 2nd
- Scotland - 1st