Match No. 32 - Saturday, 4th February 1888
Wales 1 - 5 England
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1887-88)
- John Doughty, 17'
- Match InfoThe first match to be selected by the new 7 man FA Select Committee.
- Match InfoOriginally due to be played at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground. The match was switched to Crewe at the last minute for reasons unknown. For the record it is described as a Wales home match.
- Disputed CaptainTinsley Lindley is the most plausible candidate.
- Player MilestoneBilly Moon's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrank Saunders' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Allen's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCecil White's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneGeorge Woodhall's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Goodall's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneDennis Hodgetts' 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Woodhall's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneJohn Goodall's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Woodhall, 70' - 100th goal scored by England
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 6th February 1888
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights co. 2013)
- John Sinclair
Half Time Score
- England - 2nd 0
- Wales - 5th