Match No. 441 - Tuesday, 21st April 1970
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1969-70)
- George Best, 50'
- Tony O'Doherty
- Bertie Lutton
- Sammy Nelson
- John Cowan
- Player RecordBobby Charlton becomes the second player to record 100 caps with England. Bobby Moore gave up the captain's armband so that Charlton could be captain for the occassion.
- Unconfirmed Substitution TimesNelson replaced Lutton early in the second half before Best's goal. Bell replaced Newton and Cowan replaced O'Doherty sometime after England's second goal and before the third.
- Player MilestoneRalph Coates' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBrian Kidd's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBobby Charlton's 100th Cap
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- The Times "An affair of the heart", 22nd April 1970, page 23
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)
- England - Alf Ramsey
- Northern Ireland - Billy Bingham
- Pintado Viu
Half Time Score
- England 1 - 0 Northern Ireland
- England - 1st 0
- Northern Ireland - 34th