Match No. 7 - Saturday, 2nd March 1878
- Billy Muir MacKinnon, 7'
- John McDougall, 27'
- Henry McNiel <45
- John McDougall <45
- John McDougall, 46'
- Billy Muir MacKinnon, 51'
- Henry McNiel 70?
- Tom Vallance
- First GoalscorersThere are conflicting reports of the scorers of the first Scotland goal and the first England goal. Some state McDougall scored the first Scotland goal and Wace scored England's first.
- Player InjurySometime after the score reached 6-1 Vallance was injured and had the retire from the game. Scotland playd on with 10 men.
- Player MilestoneConrad Warner's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Lyttelton's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJack Hunter's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneNorman Bailey's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBeaumont Jarrett's Last Cap
- Player MilestonePercy Fairclough's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHenry Wace's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Wylie's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHubert Heron's Last Cap
- Goal MilestoneJohn Wylie's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneArthur Cursham's 1st Goal
- Player MilestoneArthur Cursham's 1st Captaincy
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday March 4th 1878, Page 8
- Evening Telegraph "International Match in Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 4
- Edinburgh Evening News "International Match at Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 2
- London Evening Standard "England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 3
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 50.
- William A Dick
Half Time Score
- England - 2nd 0
- Scotland - 1st