Match No. 74 - Monday, 3rd March 1902
Wales 0 - 0 England
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1901-02)
- Goal Scoring SequenceThe first time England failed to score since 1884 breaking a run of 52 matches.
- Disallowed GoalsEngland had the ball in the net twice but both were disallowed. "Bloomer scored an offside goal..." and "..Foster receiving the ball volleyed it back into the net. The referee pointed to the centre and, it seemed that England had scored, but on appeal by the Welsh backs the goal was disallowed...Roose had been impeded by one of the English forwards."
- Missed Penalty: Ernest Needham2nd miss from 3rd taken. England are awarded a third penalty in as many matches but Needham misses, his second in succesive matches. Different sources state different reasons for the awarding of the penalty. It was either handball by Meredith or a foul by Meredith on Sagar. However, "Needham took the kick, but Roose got the ball away amidst an outburst of cheering."
- Player MilestoneBilly George's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneBob Crompton's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneJimmy Crabtree's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWalter Abbott's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneErnest Needham's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Hogg's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCharlie Sagar's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneTip Foster's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneHerbert Lipsham's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneTip Foster's 1st Captaincy
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser "International Championship. England v Wales". Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 9.
- Derby Daily Telegraph "To-day's football. England v Wales", Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 3.
- Sheffield Daily Telegraph "Wales v England. A level game." Tuesday 4th March 1902. Page 10.
- Western Daily Press "International Match" Tuesday 4th MArch 1902, Page 6.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights co. 2013)
- Thomas Robertson
Half Time Score
- England - 1st 0
- Wales - 7th