Match No. 8 - Saturday, 18th January 1879, 3:15pm
England 2 - 1 Wales
- William Davies, 47'
- WeatherDue to the atrocious snowfall both captains agreed to play halves of only 30 minutes each.
- AttendanceThe poor attendance was also due to the weather. Reports range from 85 to 300.
- Disputed CaptainThe England captain is disputed between Arthur Cursham & Henry Wace.
- Player ReplacementRupert Anderson was a striker by trade but was selected as a goalkeeper as a late replacement.
- Player MilestoneRupert Anderson's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneLindsay Bury's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneClaude William Wilson's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneWilliam Clegg's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Parry's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneThomas Heathcote Sorby's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneHerbert Whitfield's Only Cap
- Goal MilestoneHerbert Whitfield's 1st Goal
- Goal MilestoneThomas Heathcote Sorby's 1st Goal
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday 20th January 1879, Page 11
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 54.
- Richard Sagar Bastard
Half Time Score
- England - 2nd 0
- Wales - 3rd