Match No. 980 - Sunday, 24th June 2018, 1:00pm
England 6 - 1 Panama
World Cup Finals (World Cup 2018) Group G Game 2
- Felipe Baloy, 78'
- Michael Amir Murillo
- Fidel Escobar
- Gabriel Gómez
- Armando Cooper
- Édgar Bárcenas
- Aníbal Godoy
- Ricardo Ávila
- Abdiel Arroyo
- Felipe Baloy
- Goal RecordEngland score six goals for the first time in a World Cup beating four scored in the 1966 World Cup Final and four against Belgium in 1954.
- Goal RecordKane's hat-trick is the first for England in a World Cup since Lineker scored three against Poland in 1986. Hurst also scored three in 1966 World Cup final.
- Penalty: Harry Kane3rd scored from 4 taken (75.0%). England's 117th overall. Ball over the top finds Lingard in the area. Ramon and Escobar sandwich Lingard and bring him down. Harry Kane despatches the penalty emphatically into the top left corner.
- Penalty: Harry Kane4th scored from 5 taken (80.0%). England's 118th overall. More grappling in the area and the referee has had enough. Godoy all over Kane and rugby tackles him to the ground. Kane smashes the ball into the net. A carbon copy of the first.
- Hat-Trick: Harry Kane1st hat-trick (81st overall).
- Goal MilestoneJohn Stones' 1st Goal
- Gehad Grisha
Half Time Score
- England - 6th 1
- Panama - 54th