Fudbalski savez Crne Gore
- The Montenegrin national team began life as part of the Football Association of Yugoslavia in 1931 under the name of "Cetinjski nogometni podsavez" (Football sub-federation of Cetinje). The Yugoslav football association or FSJ (Fudbalski Savez Jugoslavije) ran the game within Yugoslavia until the independent states of Serbia and Montenegro took over the organisation in 1992 under the name FSSCG (Fudbalski savez Srbije i Crne Gore).
Since 2006, after Montenegro declared independence from Serbia, the latter inherited the UEFA and FIFA spots whilst Montenegro became a brand-new member under the two organisations.
England played Yugoslavia 14 times from 1939 to 1989 and hosted Serbia & Montenegro in a friendly game in 2003 which finished 2-1 to England.
England have met Montenegro four times, a 0-0 Euro 2012 qualifier at Wembley, a 2-2 draw in Podgorica in the same competition and in the following qualifying competition a 1-1 away draw in 2012 and then finally they got their first win with a 4-1 win at Wembley in Autumn 2013.
Head to head
- World Cup Qualifier
- European Championship Qualifier
- MNE, 25th Mar 2019, 5 - 1 (ECQ)
- MNE, 11th Oct 2013, 4 - 1 (WCQ)
- MNE, 26th Mar 2013, 1 - 1 (WCQ)
- MNE, 7th Oct 2011, 2 - 2 (ECQ)
- MNE, 12th Oct 2010, 0 - 0 (ECQ)
- * Match was concluded via extra time, penalties or both.