Match No. 97 - Wednesday, 10th June 1908
- Disallowed GoalAfter the fifth goal Sporting Life states "Rutherford...came through at racing pace, and letting drive twenty yards away the ball went between the posts with lightning rapidity, struck the stay at the back which supported the net, and rebounded into the field of play. The referee was some distance away, and being unable to decide what had occured, disallowed the goal."
- Hat-Trick: George Hilsdon1st hat-trick (20th overall). 40 minutes between first and third goals. First consecutive game to have an England hat-trick.
- Goal MilestoneGeorge Hilsdon's 10th Goal
- Sporting Life "Hungarian's Well Beaten", Tuesday 16th June 1908, page 1.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade (Strategic Book Publishing and Rights co. 2013)
- Hugo Meisl
Half Time Score
- England - 1st 0
- Hungary - 11th