Match No. 239 - Saturday, 10th April 1948
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1947-48)
- Scotland's Robust Tactics: Scotland reportedly used rather heavy tackling to try and disrupt England's rhythm, espcially on Swift who later found he had cracked a rib. Finney ended the match limping on the left wing.
- Player Milestone: George Hardwick's Last Cap
- Player Milestone: Stan Pearson's 1st Cap
- Goal Milestone: Stan Mortensen's 10th Goal
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)