- We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 95.03% of 2293 pages are verified with one source and 50.26% are verified with two or more sources.
UEFA Nations League Draw
England in Group A4
- England will play Croatia and Spain home and away in the inaugral UEFA Nations League. Matches will begin on 6-8 September 2018 and will conclude on 18-20 November 2018.
The other three League A Groups see Germany, France and Netherlands together; Belgium will play Switzerland & Iceland; and Portugal face Italy & Poland.
The bottom team in each group will be relegated to League B and the winners will adance to the semi-final and final to be played in June 2019.
- Posted: 24th January 2018 11:56am
World Cup Final Draw
England in Group G
- England have been drawn into Group G with Belgium, Tunisia and Panama. They will start off by playing Tunisia in Volgograd on 18th June followed by Panama five days later in Nizhny Novgorod. The final group game will be against seeded team Belgium in Kalinigrad on 28th June.
Belgium have only beaten England once in 21 attempts, a friendly match in 1936. All four competitive matches have resulted in draws after 90 minutes. The first (4-4) was during the 1954 World Cup in Switzerland - England's first experience of extra time. The second was in the group stages of the '80 European Championship in Italy. The third and most memorable was in the second round of the '90 World Cup when David Platt scored the winner in the 119th minute. Most recently, during the King Hassan II Tournament prior to the '98 World Cup, the match proceeded directly to penalty kicks where England naturally lost.
England have previous experience of opening games at a World Cup against Tunisia having met at the 1998 edition in France. That day the prevailed 2-0 thanks to Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes. The only other meeting was a friendly in Tunis in 1990 that England were lucky to get a draw out of. Steve Bull getting the equaliser in the last minute.
England have never played Panama before although the Central Americans drew with Wales in Cardiff in November 2017. This will be Panama's first World Cup having pipped the United States to the last automatic qualifying spot.
- Posted: 1st December 2017 3:39pm