Match No. 65 - Saturday, 18th February 1899
England 13 - 2 Ireland
British Home Championship (Home Championship 1898-99)
- Joe McAllen (pen) 65?
- James Campbell, 88'
- Match Info: Still the record number of goals scored by England in a single match.
- Match Info: Also the highest aggregate goals (15) in a game involving England.
- Disallowed Goal: With the score at 4-0: "...in a skirmish in front of the Irish goal Smith placed into the net just after the whistle had sounded for offside."
- Missed Penalty: Gilbert Oswald Smith: 1st miss from 1st taken. At the start of the second half with the score 5-0 "...Smith was about to put the ball through when Lewis rushed at him, and threw him down. The referee awarded a penalty kick which was taken by Smith. Lewis saved by turning the ball aside..." The first penalty to be awarded to England, and the first one to be missed.
- Player Milestone: John Hillman's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Phil Bach's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Jimmy Settle's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Fred Forman's 1st Cap
- Goal Milestone: Frank Forman's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Fred Forman's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Jimmy Settle's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Gilbert Oswald Smith's 10th Goal
- The Times "England v Ireland", Monday 20th February 1899.
- Derby Daily Telegraph "England v Ireland", Monday 20th February 1899, page 3.
- Freeman's Journal "England v Ireland", Monday 20th February 1899, page 7.
- The History of the English Football League: Part One 1888-1930 by Michael J. Slade