Match No. 692 - Wednesday, 17th February 1993
World Cup Qualifier (World Cup 94 Qualifying Group 2)
- World Rankings: The first match after FIFA adopted their world ranking procedure. England are ranked 5th but are not assessed again until August 1993.
- Missed Penalty: David Platt: 1st miss from 2nd taken. Dorigo was brought down in the area by Manzaroli with only minutes left. Benedettini's fine save prevented Platt equaling Malcolm MacDonald's 5 goal tally set at Wembley 18 years previously.
- Player Milestone: Les Ferdinand's 1st Cap
- Goal Milestone: Carlton Palmer's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Les Ferdinand's 1st Goal
- Player Milestone: David Platt's 1st Captaincy
- Wembley - The Complete Record 1923 - 2000 by Glen Isherwood (Sports Books 2006)
- England - The Quest for the World Cup - A Complete Record by Clive Leatherdale (Two Heads Publishing 1994)
- www.independent.co.uk Four-goal Platt lifts labouring England
- England: The Complete Post-War Record by Mike Payne (Breedon Books Publishing Company 1993)