Match No. 980 - Sunday, 24th June 2018, 1:00pm
England 6 - 1 Panama
World Cup Finals (World Cup 2018) Group G Game 2
- Goal Record: England score six goals for the first time in a World Cup beating four scored in the 1966 World Cup Final and four against Belgium in 1954.
- Goal Record: Kane's hat-trick is the first for England in a World Cup since Lineker scored three against Poland in 1986. Hurst also scored three in 1966 World Cup final.
- Penalty: Harry Kane: 3rd scored from 4 taken. Ball over the top finds Lingard in the area. Ramon and Escobar sandwich Lingard and bring him down. Harry Kane despatches the penalty emphatically into the top left corner.
- Penalty: Harry Kane: 4th scored from 5 taken. More grappling in the area and the referee has had enough. Godoy all over Kane and rugby tackles him to the ground. Kane smashes the ball into the net. A carbon copy of the first.
- Goal Milestone: John Stones' 1st Goal