Match No. 11 - Monday, 15th March 1880
Wales 2 - 3 England
- William Roberts, 81'
- John Roberts, 89'
- Player InjuryThomas Brindle had to leave the game in the 2nd half due to injury. England played on with ten men.
- Player MilestoneJohn Sands' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneEdwin Luntley's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneTom Brindle's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneFred Hargreaves' 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneThomas Marshall's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneHarry Cursham's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneFrancis Sparks' Last Cap
- Player MilestoneClement Mitchell's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneEdward Johnson's 1st Cap
- Goal MilestoneTom Brindle's 1st Goal
- Player MilestoneFrancis Sparks' 1st Captaincy
- Please Note: A small portion of data on this page is from unverified sources, mostly other websites and publications where the information is genuine but lacks source notes. We are striving to make sure that all data on Englandstats is from verified contemporary sources. Whilst this does not mean that the data above is inaccurate please use caution when citing Englandstats as a reference for this page. We are working to verify all our sources and provide source notes as soon as we can. Currently 97.67% of 2235 pages are verified with one source and 53.27% are verified with two or more sources.
- Robert E Lythgoe
Half Time Score
- England - 2nd 0
- Wales - 3rd