Match No. 3 - Saturday, 7th March 1874, 3:30pm
- Frederick Anderson, 40'
- Angus MacKinnon, 44'
- Robert GardnerRobert Gardner.
Born 31st Mar 1847, Glasgow.
- John HunterJohn Hunter.
Date of birth unknown.
- Joseph TaylorJoseph Taylor.
Born 16th Dec 1850, Dunoon.
- Charles CampbellCharles Campbell.
Born 1854, Coupar Angus.
- James ThomsonJames John Thomson.
Born 25th Dec 1851, Annan.
- Jerry WeirJames Biggar Weir.
Born 23rd Nov 1851, Scotland.
- John FergusonJohn Ferguson.
Born 1848, Scotland.
- Henry McNeilHenry McNeil.
Born 1853, Scotland.
- Billy MacKinnonWilliam Muir MacKinnon.
Born 18th Jan 1952, Glasgow.
- Angus MacKinnonAngus MacKinnon.
Date of birth unknown, Scotland.
- Frederick AndersonFrederick Anderson.
Born 17th Nov 1855, Scotland.
- "...the ball being kicked on the breast of Kingsford, it bounded off and went between their posts, thus crediting England with the first goal." Robert KingsfordOnly Goal, 25'
- Francis BirleyOxford University, 1st of 2 caps
23 years, 11 month, 24 days
- Cuthbert OttawayOxford University, 2nd of 2 caps
23 years, 7 months, 19 days (c)2nd captaincy
- John EdwardsShropshire Wanderers, Only Cap
23 years, 11 month, 17 days
- Charley CheneryCrystal Palace (A), 3rd of 3 caps
24 years, 2 months, 6 days
- Hubert HeronWanderers, 2nd of 5 caps
22 years, 1 month, 8 days
- John OwenSheffield, Only Cap
25 years, 9 months, 13 days
- Match InfoTeams changed ends after each goal but not at half time.
- UmpiresA Morton for England and W Keary for Scotland.
- Player MilestoneReginald Courtenay Welch's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneRobert Ogilvie's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneAlfred Stratford's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneFrancis Birley's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneCuthbert Ottaway's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneCharles Wollaston's 1st Cap
- Player MilestoneRobert Kingsford's Only Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Edwards' Only Cap
- Player MilestoneCharley Chenery's Last Cap
- Player MilestoneJohn Owen's Only Cap
- Goal MilestoneRobert Kingsford's 1st Goal
- Dundee Courier "The Great International Football Match Between England and Scotland", Monday 9th March 1874, page 4
- Bradford Observer "England v Scotland", Monday 9th March 1874, page 4
- The Morning Post "Football. England v Scotland", Monday 9th March 1874, page 3
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser "International Football Match at Glasgow", Monday 9th March 1874, page 7
- Glasgow Herald "International (Association) Match at Glasgow", Monday 9th March 1874, page 5
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 41.
- Manchester Guardian "Football - England v Scotland", Monday, 9th March 1974, page 7.
- Scotland Archibald Rae
- No change in rank, losing -8 ranking points to 2006 points England - 1st
- Scotland - 2nd