Reginald Halsey Birkett
Born: 28th March 1849, Bishopsgate, London
Died: 30th June 1898, Wimbledon aged 49
Positions whilst with England: Goalkeeper
- Won the FA Cup with Clapham Rovers in 1880. Capped for England at Rugby four times between 1871-1877.
According to James Holder's Sport's Great All-Rounders, Birkett "died in 1898 at the age of 49, follwoing an accident at home; whilst suffering from diptheria, he leapt from a window while being helped into his bed and fell 20 feet to his death - at the inquest, a verdict of suicide whilst delirious was returned."
- An English Football Internationals' Who's Who by Douglas Lamming (Hutton Press 1990)
- The Early FA Cup Finals by Keith Warsop (SoccerData 2004) p 63.
- England's Who's Who by Tony Matthews (Pitch Publishing 2013)
- ESPN Rugby
- Sport's Great All-Rounders: A Biographical Dictionary by James Holder (AuthorHouse 2015)