Tony Alexander Adams
Born: 10th October 1966, Romford, Essex
Position whilst with England: Central Defender
Clubs whilst with England: Arsenal
- Adams was the heart of the famous Arsenal back four in the 80s and 90s which won two first divison titles, two Premier League titles, two league cups, 3 FA cups and a European Cup-Winners Cup.
He was a regular in the England team from 1987 to 2000 and captained his country on fifteen occasions including Euro 96. His last match as a player and as captain was also the last match of the old Wembley Stadium, Graeme le Saux and infamously Kevin Keegan as manager.
He is the olny player to score for and against his country in the same match (Netherlands March 1988)
- An English Football Internationals' Who's Who by Douglas Lamming (Hutton Press 1990)
- England! England! A Complete Who's Who of Players since 1946 by Dean P Hayes (Sutton Publishing 2004)
- England: Player by Player by Graham Betts (Green Umbrella Publishing 2006)
- England's Who's Who by Tony Matthews (Pitch Publishing 2013)