Match No. 7 - Saturday, 2nd March 1878
- First Goalscorers: There are conflicting reports of the scorers of the first Scotland goal and the first England goal. Some state McDougall scored the first Scotland goal and Wace scored England's first.
- Player Injury: Sometime after the score reached 6-1 Vallance was injured and had the retire from the game. Scotland playd on with 10 men.
- Player Milestone: Conrad Warner's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Edward Lyttelton's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Jack Hunter's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Norman Bailey's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: Percy Fairclough's Only Cap
- Player Milestone: Henry Wace's 1st Cap
- Player Milestone: John Wylie's Only Cap
- Goal Milestone: John Wylie's 1st Goal
- Goal Milestone: Arthur Cursham's 1st Goal
- Player Milestone: Arthur Cursham's 1st Captaincy
- The Times "Sporting Intelligence", Monday March 4th 1878, Page 8
- Evening Telegraph "International Match in Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 4
- Edinburgh Evening News "International Match at Glasgow", Monday 4th March 1878, page 2
- London Evening Standard "England v Scotland", Monday 4th March 1878, page 3
- Association Football in Victorian England by Philip Gibbons (Minerva Press 2001) page 50.